Nude Meditation: Anytime you get a wild urge to really connect with your inner self, try nude meditation. There is something amazing about releasing the standard boundaries that modern society places on you and really connecting with your inner self. Nude meditation allows all the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical benefits of meditation. It also brings in a certain primal connection that I feel is very important.
We spend a tremendous amount of time and energy maintaining the ego. The ego, as I am using it, represents the self that we are currently embodying. For instance, I am not Patrick. I am a divine eternal Spirit that is currently manifesting as Patrick. Patrick is my ego. I have no problems with Patrick, I thoroughly enjoy playing the role. But for me to feel as though Patrick is all I am would be flawed.
Being nude is taking it back to the first step. Nude is how we all come into the world. All incarnations on the entire planet start out nude. There is nothing shameful about it. It is simply the Tao; the way things are.
Nude meditation takes it all back to the first moment when you are still in direct communion with Spirit. There is no Armani suit to strengthen the self esteem. There is no shoe collection showing what a fantastic sense of fashion you have. It's just you and Spirit. Which, essentially, is where you always are but forget in the process of putting on the facade of the ego.
Spirit knows you. Spirit is you and you are Spirit. There is no separation. Separation is an illusion. All the distractions, all the theories, all the messages that tell you otherwise are all constructions the ego comes up with to feel independent. These distractions are just that, distractions. Ultimately, they are all false. When it all comes down to it, you simply are.
You are not your body. You are not your mind. You are not the car you drive. You are not the heart beating in your chest. You simply are. It is called the "I am" presence. It is all there is.
NUDE MEDITATION TECHNIQUE
* Next time you get the chance, go somewhere where you feel free. Free from judgements, free from shame, free from being who you act like.
* Take off all your clothes, you have nothing to hide, nothing to be ashamed of. Take off your glasses or contacts, you can see everything you need to see without them. Take off your jewelery, it has no real value. Remove from your self all that you did not come into the world with.
* Make yourself comfortable. If you can do this in nature, I recommend it.
* Close your eyes and observe the breath moving in and out of your body.
* Breathe in deeply through your nose. Exhale completely through your mouth.
* Do this enough to feel a sense of calmness.
* Listen like you have never heard anything before. All sounds are new. The world is a big, beautiful mystery. Every experience is simply an experience. There is no good, there is no bad. There is just you and the world.
* Begin exploring this world with your sense of smell, touch, taste, and hearing. Feel what it feels like to exist, to simply be. Breathe. Be still. You are the world happening around you. You are all that is and ever will be.
* Stay in this meditative state for five minutes, ten minutes, twenty minutes... However long you have set aside for the nude meditation.
* Slowly allow yourself to come back from the meditative state.
* Take the sensations of peace and connection to the universe with you as you travel through the rest of your day.
Nude meditation will make you feel self-conscious. It will make you feel silly. Move through these feelings, they are the voice of the ego telling you what you think you know. When you have moved through all the ego stuff, nude meditation will help you find your self. Your "I am" presence. Then you will know the one thing that is the truth... Love
Main meditation section...
Main mantras section...
How to meditate for beginners...
Easy meditation techniques in 5 minutes...
Simple wisdoms on Zen meditation including a technique to get you started.
Where did meditation originate? A history of meditation.
Meditation quotes for inspiration.
Meditation experiences shared by people from around the world.
A simple and quick stress reduction meditation...
Chakra colors guided meditation...
A guided cosmic meditation for chakra balancing...
Symbol for Zen...
The 8 auspicious Buddhist symbols and their meanings...
The meaning of the om symbol and a simple om meditation...
The lotus flower symbol and its meanings in different cultures...